Who we are, and what we want to accomplish
Force the Truth is based on two simple ideas:
- We are tired of hearing politicians say one thing and then do another. Not just tired of it, sick of it, and fighting mad, and we're absolutely hell-bent on changing their behavior.
- Politicians should put our interests and the countries interests ahead of their political ambitions and aims of their party and the special interests groups.
Too bad politicians don't come with guarantees. Well, that can change. Have your politician sign the "Citizen Interests First Pledge". Grover Norquist and the "Americans for Tax Reform" group have been enormously successful at promoting their "Taxpayer Protection Pledge". The problem is that "Americans for Tax Reform" IS a special interests group. They are promoting their own interests, contributing to the deadlock in Washington, and don't care how much damage they do to America's economy or reputation, as long as their own agenda goes ahead.
Help us get the lobbyists out of Washington
The "Citizen Interests First Pledge" reads like this:
- put the interests of the country above my own beliefs and interests for every issue and every time I vote
- not accept any money or gifts for my campaigns from special interests groups whether or not I agree with their aims
- will not allow special interest groups to influence my office or my votes
Let's put our politicians on the "pay for performance" plan.
For now, because we are a new group just trying to survive and make ourselves heard, we can use all the support we can get. If you can volunteer a little time, donate a small amount of cash, or just sign up to get our newsletters, we need your support.
Force the Truth's ultimate goal is to force politicians to be accountable for the promises they make while campaigning for office by asking/coaxing/inducing/forcing them to declare their top 3-5 priorities, grading them at the end of their term on their results for those priorities, and asking/coaxing/inducing/forcing them to return a portion of their salaries and other compensation if they have not lived up to their promises... Sounds simple.... but of course, it's not... We need thousands of volunteers and at least some cash to make this happen.
Our hope is that in a future election, we can have volunteers at every political rally holding up our pledge cards and putting pressure on all politicians to sign them, spelling out their promises and guaranteeing to return their salaries if they don't keep those promises.
Please support us as much as you can. If you think politicians need a wakeup call, take action and join us.
Here's what we hope to accomplish in the near future :
- Create a database of all elected positions in North America (Canada and the U.S.)
- Create a database of all active politicians in North America
- For each elected politician create a list of their promises and grade their actions based on their promises
- Create a code of conduct with the minimum standards that all politicians should be living up to.
- Create standard pledge cards that volunteers can download and print for the purpose of getting politicians to sign them BEFORE they are elected.
If you can help in any way, even if all you can do is sign up on our website so we can count you as a member, please do so NOW. We need you!